MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Hugely over emphasising top control and why it's become the norm in MMA

View Single Post

Old 11-19-2012, 12:39 AM   #34 (permalink)
NoYards
Flyweight

NoYards is a splendid one to beholdNoYards is a splendid one to beholdNoYards is a splendid one to beholdNoYards is a splendid one to beholdNoYards is a splendid one to beholdNoYards is a splendid one to beholdNoYards is a splendid one to beholdNoYards is a splendid one to beholdNoYards is a splendid one to beholdNoYards is a splendid one to beholdNoYards is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post

And I actually thought Condit did a fantastic job of controlling GSP's posture throughout the majority of the fight from the bottom position.
You need to check out the Gracie breakdown of the fight (there's a recent thread on it,) and listen to Condit himself at the post fight presser.

Condit wasn't controlling GSPs posture, GSP was doing exactly what he should have been doing in order to counter a good JJ practitioner from attempting submissions ffrom his back, while 'bringing the rain' down on Condit.

I was concerned, and stated so in another thread, that GSP wasn't passing any more than into half guard, then I watched the Gracie breakdown and heard Condit explain why he was having problems with GSP in guard, and it became pretty clear who was controlling whom.
NoYards is offline   Reply With Quote