MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - St. Pierre vs. Hendricks. Real Talk.

View Single Post

Old 11-19-2012, 01:41 AM   #18 (permalink)
xxpillowxxjp
CAN I GET AN AMEN?

xxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabakill View Post
interesting crystal ball you have. GSP takes down the division 1 NCAA champ that had 56 consecutive wins with no problem
I would bet my house on it.

Phil Davis was an NCAA champ, got tooled by rashad.

Mark Munoz was an NCAA champ, got tooled by weidman.

Would bring up brock but meh, he started way too late.

Then add in guys like koshcheck, fitch, hughes, carlos, and sherk who were all accomplished wrestler and who all got tooled in the wrestling department by GSP.

Gsp and chael are just the BEST at setting up their shot. No one else even comes close to them.

Watch the condit fight again, nearly every time GSP took condit down it was right after he through a combo and condit covered up.

And there's something else people didn't notice - GSP's ability to cut off the cage. The only reason gsp was able to make condit cover up was because he cut off the cage with is footwork. How many times did diaz, "the amazing boxer", cut off the cage against condit? 2 or 3 times total the entire fight?

People just don't notice all the little things GSP does that makes him so effective and each aspect. Like the gracie breakdown on this fight - that's so methodical how he passes guards and defends submissions.

I want gsp to lose as bad as the next guy but damnit if i don't realize how great of a fighter he is. Respect is given where respect is due.

Need to book a pro or amateur mma fight in the midsouth area? PM ME!!

Sig by Limba
xxpillowxxjp is offline   Reply With Quote