MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - What do you learn from this?

View Single Post

Old 11-19-2012, 09:48 AM   #13 (permalink)
OU
BOOMER SOONER

OU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peak Experience View Post
Yes. The guy is me. Except that I am - being 5'11 - not that small.

And while trying to figure out why I still freeze I investigate what I did to counter that issue.

Saying that on forums leaves people with the conclusion I was weak mentally, which is not helping obviously.

But the art, whose task it is to prepare you physically and mentally couldn't be flawed, is what they say. They are too dependent on their art to be flawless as they are not sure about this aspect of their art themselves.

It usually goes like this: The art is not flawed, you are, go to a therapist is what forum members say. Therapist says, you are flawed and I want to help you by making you weaker(sic). Forum members say, so you were at a therapist's and he couldn't help you. You are such a freak.

Yes ma is flawed as I followed it's rules but I didn't get the result it promised. So the question is: Why is this so?
LOL this is hilarious. If you feel your instructor or your discipline is failing you then I suggest finding a new one. But based on the info given, you will probably come up with the same result since you don't appear to have the ability to apply any knowledge you may learn. They can try to give you confidence but they can't force you to be more confident. They can try to teach you a better mentality but it's up to you to accept it and put it into action.
It's much easier to push the blame on others when the problem is obviously with you as an individual. I suggest you travel in groups, preferably with a real martial artist. In all honesty if what you are saying is true then you will forever be as dangerous as weak, small, scared infant.
OU is offline   Reply With Quote