MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - GSP/Silva Superfight to Happen

View Single Post

Old 11-19-2012, 11:26 AM   #131 (permalink)
LL
Rough Sex and Banana Pudding

LL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
No one is forcing anything on Georges.

Anderson offered to make the #1 vs. #2 P4P superfight. Between 2guys separted by 1 division. He figured a catch would be fair. If anything it takes something out of old man Anderson, weakens him..messes with cardio and routine. GSP would have had to cut less weight, which should only make him fresher.

Anderson nor many people thought it would be such a problem to meet at a catch. These are the #1 and #2 fighters in the world. GSP even said while he was rehabing that if that fight happened it would be at 178 at a catch. Then once it gets time he changed his mind and said 170.

GSP can do as he wants. If he feels like a catch isn't enough of an advantage that is fine. He shouldn't of strung people along for years though. Anderson offered to make the superfight, GSP declined. Anderson can now defend his 185 title like you want anyway.
Like I said, I don't think Georges wants the fight, maybe he just didn't wanna make an irrational decision with his adrenaline running coming off a big win but I get the impression he's not down to fight Anderson and I think that if a super fight does happen it'll be Jones/Silva not Silva/GSP.

Right now, it's looking like neither fight will happen and that's fine with me, I don't like the idea of them and to me the real super fights are Aldo/Edgar, Cruz/Barao, Jones/Gus, JDS/Overeem and such. Obviously they don't have the same hype as Mayweather/Pacquiao or GSP/Silva, Jones/Silva would but those are much more realistic and comparable than GSP/Silva or Jones/Silva considering like Mayweather/Pacquiao those guys are all in the same weight class/range of each other where Jones, Silva, and GSP all fight in different weight classes and are separated by 15 pounds.

9/27/14
LL is offline   Reply With Quote