• Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

***OFFICIAL*** Johny Hendricks vs. Martin Kampmann Thread

10K views 120 replies 49 participants last post by  rebonecrusher 
#1 ·
Welterweight bout: 170 pounds

See less See more
#7 ·
This is one of those which Kampmann is showing up. MK is far wayyy more technical, but JH's got some power. I think it's time for MK so I'll go with him.

#9 ·
I want to say Kampmann, but he takes a lot of punishment in his fights. Hendricks is the sort of guy you don't want to take punishment from.
Yes, technically Kampmann is so much better, but his habbit of eating punches to wake up and get into the fight would be a really bad one against Hendricks.

#11 ·
Kampmann is great but he does tend to get hit, and Hendricks has the base to keep it standing and land big shots. I think a Hendricks (T)KO is the most sensible choice.

I'd love to see Martin score another KO, his last fight was one of the more satisfying this year. Not betting on this one.

#13 ·
Skill wise, I personally think that Kampmann is the number two or three Welterweight. The problem is, his fight IQ is among some of the worst I've seen and he's had a string of good circumstance with his wins over Alves and Ellenberger. I think Hendricks mixes in power punches with solid clinchwork to take the UD, as Kampmann will probably try and grapple with Hendricks, given his past history.

#15 ·
Pretty tough one to call, Kampmann is better technically, atleast on offense but his defense absolutely sucks and that'll cost him sooner or later.

Hendricks KO.

#18 ·
Hendricks is basically a prototype of Ellenberger. They're both virtually the same fighter, I think Ellenberger is the better of the two though and I think he actually hits harder out of the two, as well as being the more technical striker.

I know MMAmath is BS n all, but if Kampmann can take out Ellenberger and can take his best shots, he should be fine in dealing with Hendricks.

Hendricks has power, but it's not like he's a Paul Daley. Daley is a guy that has the power and the striking technique, hence why Kampmann had no answer for his striking. Martin should be able to out-strike Hendricks with more technical striking and if it goes to the ground, I feel Kampmann will have no problems sweeping, getting back up or possibly locking up a guillotine.

#20 ·
Why are people acting like Hendricks is a striker? Hendricks is going to wrestle Kampmann. Ellenberger has more power and is a better striker than Hendricks and eventually got put away standing; Hendricks isn't stupid.

He will try to wrestle his way to a decision where Kampmann gets ****ed over nonstop. Skill wise Kampmann has the advantage but Hendricks is very game. I would lean toward either Kampmann rocking and submitting him or clearly winning two rounds and losing the decision. I wouldn't be surprised if Hendricks could win two with his wrestling though.

#22 ·
Well, I WANT Kampmann to win but it'll be really tight. I can see Kampmann getting the knockout but the edge has to go to Hendricks based on his wrestling. I can see him hoofing that left to get close and then clinching up with Kampmann, from there its his game.

If Hendricks wins you pretty much have to give him a title shot, as beating Fitch, Kos and Kampmann would be an incredible run.

#24 ·
Rooting for Kampmann and think he takes it handily if he fights smart. That being said, it's probably 50/50, haha. Surprised how many people think Hendricks is going to get the KO. I'd honestly be surprised if he ever landed that left again. It's slow, telegraphed, and everyone knows he's constantly looking for it on the feet. Yes Kampmann looks bad defensively at times, but hopefully he can be smart and not get into brawl exchanges and this will look like Bisping/Stann.

#27 ·
The more I think of it this has to be for the #1 contendership shot. Both have solid wins and make exciting fights.

You can always count on Kampmann bleeding his opponents and getting bloodied himself.

Anyone else know that they trained together before.

#29 ·
I'm leaning towards Kampmann in this one, but Hendricks definitely has the potential to knock him out if Kampmann fights like an idiot like he sometimes does.

I predict Kampmann by UD if he sticks to his gameplan which should be to not fight stupid.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.