MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - St. Pierre vs. Hendricks. Real Talk.

View Single Post

Old 11-19-2012, 02:13 PM   #35 (permalink)
OU
Ultra-weight

OU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
What does it say about some ones wrestling ability when they lose the wrestling exchanges because their opponent is too strong. Hendricks didn't lose to Rick Story because he was freakishly strong, where was Storys freakish strength in the Charlie Brennenman fight? The Martin Kampmann fight? The Damian Maia fight? All of those guys easily out grappled Rick Story, but Hendricks wasn't able to.

I think that speaks volumes about his wrestling ability.

He has outstanding credentials, but as has been proven time and time and time again in the past in this sport, wrestling credentials don't tell the full story. He's a good MMA wrestler, but that's really just about it.
Story is an up and down fighter. Just look at his record, it's impossible to make sense of how he can lose to some guys and defeat others. That's the problem with MMAth and saying since he did this to him and they did this to him then they will do this to him. I just doesn't work that way. I agree that Hendricks is still learning to apply his wrestling to MMA, but that doesn't mean he can't get up when GSP puts him down. I think he can.
OU is offline   Reply With Quote