MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Gsp looked Huge last night.

View Single Post

Old 11-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #50 (permalink)
zarny
Featherweight

zarny has a brilliant futurezarny has a brilliant futurezarny has a brilliant futurezarny has a brilliant futurezarny has a brilliant futurezarny has a brilliant futurezarny has a brilliant futurezarny has a brilliant futurezarny has a brilliant futurezarny has a brilliant futurezarny has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERSOU View Post
Yeah I'll agree to disagree. IMO Condit has been going in reverse, I blame Greg Jackson and that entire camp for awful gameplans in his last 2 fights. I think both GSP and Condit have had much, much better performances. Maybe both had a bit of ring rust? Nether seemed to have the cardio they have had in the past. Both have looked crisper in every way IMO. They didn't look like the best 2 WW in the world to me.

I would agree both Condit and GSP have had performances that looked better.

Coincidently, they were against weaker opponents.

How well a fighter's performance "looks" is entirely dependent on who their opponent is.

Maybe GSP and Condit have both looked "crisper" because those previous opponents simply weren't good enough to get out of the way.

As for gameplans...they only work if you can impose them on your opponent. It's not like Carlos' gameplan was to work submissions from the bottom all night. He said so himself.

GSP just didn't give him any other option.
zarny is offline   Reply With Quote