MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - GSP vs Silva PPV Predictions?

View Single Post

Old 11-19-2012, 11:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
evzbc
Bantamweight

evzbc is on another level nowevzbc is on another level nowevzbc is on another level nowevzbc is on another level nowevzbc is on another level nowevzbc is on another level nowevzbc is on another level nowevzbc is on another level nowevzbc is on another level nowevzbc is on another level nowevzbc is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtwizzy2k5 View Post
Silva-GSP would easily break 1 million PPV buys. The real question is whether or not it will be the best-selling in UFC history. I think it would easily be top 5, and there's a good chance it would be #1. Think about it, can you even imagine a single MMA fan who WOULDN'T watch that PPV? If you're not willing to pay for GSP-Silva then you just aren't willing to pay for any PPV.
As for casuals, I think even casual fans know who Silva and/or GSP is and they will be easily hyped by the inevitable Countdown shows and endless highlight reels of both legendary fighters. Dana would hype the sh*t out of the event, put it in Cowboys stadium or something, and rightfully call it the biggest fight in MMA history.

So yeah, I would expect it to be huge but realistically it would have a floor of 1.1 million and a ceiling of 1.8 million. I know it's a big range but there are a lot of factors involved, including the date and venue and other fights on the card.
Yeah, that's what I think too.

And so my question goes, is that really worth it?

I personally don't think so. Both guys have the potential to keep fighting for awhile
(supposedly), and a lose will take away from their mystique.

Cross division super-fights just don't work. They made weight divisions for a reason.
evzbc is offline   Reply With Quote