MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Hugely over emphasising top control and why it's become the norm in MMA

View Single Post

Old 11-20-2012, 12:45 AM   #69 (permalink)
mastodon2222
Bantamweight

mastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankings
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellRazor View Post
You aren't alone, but I've studied Judo, Ju-Jitsu, Aikido, Tae Kwon Do, Wing Chun, Wrestling and a couple flavors of Kung Fu, and to me, it comes to this. All other things being equal, Gravity wins.

If two guys are damaging each other on the ground, the one on top isn't carrying the other guy's weight.

All things being equal, the guy on top is gonna win 8 out of ten times, because he won't get tired as fast.
I agree. All things equal, top position is always the better place to be. The only position where it's almost equal is full guard. The only time I'd score it for the bottom guy is if he's actively trying subs and keeping the top guy so busy/worried that he can't effectively use his top advantage.
mastodon2222 is offline   Reply With Quote