MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Gsp Camp want silva, but at 170.

View Single Post

Old 11-20-2012, 04:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
Liddellianenko
KO artist

Liddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killz View Post
Man, Anderson isnt making 170lbs and nor should he.

A fight at a catchweight would be fairer but I think Anderson is always going to have the size advantage.

Even at a 178lbs catchweight, on fight night Anderson will probably be weighing in at 200+ whilst GSP is gonna be probably 190ish.

Mark my words, this fight aint happening at any weight.
So what even if he has a small size advantage, whatever, more props to GSP if he wins it and no shame if he loses, he was at a size disadvantage against the #1 p4p and at the very least stepped up, and at the most dethroned him.

I mean this was a sport without weight classes and guys like BJ Penn challenging 3 weight classes above even after weight classes. Even now, it's not like the divisions are homogenous in terms of weight, every division has guys that are relatively "bigger" and cut far more weight than others in the division.

This superfight should be about the two best technicians in MMA duking it out to see whose technique is truly the best. Each guy has the technique that has been shown to be the other's kryptonite, GSP with his relentless wrestling, transitions and GnP, and Silva with his one shot accuracy. 8 lbs here or there won't be the deciding factor, the styles themselves will be.
Liddellianenko is offline   Reply With Quote