MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - GSP/Silva Superfight to Happen

View Single Post

Old 11-20-2012, 10:52 AM   #139 (permalink)
tripster
Flyweight

tripster is a splendid one to beholdtripster is a splendid one to beholdtripster is a splendid one to beholdtripster is a splendid one to beholdtripster is a splendid one to beholdtripster is a splendid one to beholdtripster is a splendid one to beholdtripster is a splendid one to beholdtripster is a splendid one to beholdtripster is a splendid one to beholdtripster is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
I doubt GSP's thinking about retirement, Anderson might be but GSP still has a lot of time left in MMA, especially with the money he's making. Anderson's making a lot of money and his skills are still there too but he's nearing 40.

I don't think this fight is gonna happen though.
I really think retirement is something GSP is now thinking about. He tore his ACL, which if it happens again could be a lifelong irritation. He has also said that the division has completely changed and the younger fighters are better and stronger. Sounds like he has doubts about whether he wants to expose himself to the tough fights. He is intelligent and diplomatic enough to be management material in this business and continue his career on that side of the business.

IMO he will put in another 2, maybe 3 fights and then call it quits.