MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC allowed to promote Alistair Overeem fight despite suspension, but not Nick Diaz

View Single Post

Old 11-20-2012, 11:09 AM   #16 (permalink)
GrappleRetarded
Banned

GrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTheJu View Post
So, one guy gets caught breaking the rules once and makes amends for it. Cooperates with what is required to get back in the ring, and does all that he is supposed to do to get his job back.

The second guy, gets caught a second time breaking the same rule. Fights the commission tooth and nail, even attempts to sue them. Does nothing that will help him get his licence back, even attempts to compete in another non-sanctioned combat sport (very frowned upon when suspended from an athletic commission) but flakes out and doesn't show up.

Now the second guy is the one in the right and the commission is in the wrong? He broke the rules and basically put his middle finger in the air and told the commission to suck it! Well, guess what? He will have to wait until his suspension is up, then attempt to get his licence back then. Not before! He has shown no signs of wanted to get his licence back, nor has he worked with the commission to do so.

On the other hand Overeem has shown that he wants to get back in the ring, and seems like he is taking out of competition drug tests and doing all that is needed.

I say good for them!
What has Nicks BJJ exhibition got to do with any thing in this topic? Absolutely nothing.

You're going on as if they both broke the same rule. One fighter tested positive for smoking a recreational drug days or weeks before his scheduled fight which is widely considered a non-performance enhancing drug (Marijuana) and the other tested positive for having Gorilla levels of testosterone in his system (14:1). I think its quite obvious that throughout Overeems entire HW career, he's been roiding himself up silly, yet he gets a better suspension deal than a dude who likes to smoke weed in his own time. That's laughable.

And you're sat here trying to tell me with a straight bloody face that because Nick hasn't kissed Keith Kizers ass and Alistair Overeem has that Nick is the bad guy in all of this? Please, wake up and get real man. One fighter intentionally tried to cheat the system in order to give himself an unfair advantage against his opponents by boosting his testosterone to ridiculous levels, the other guy smoked a few joints in the weeks leading up to the fight. There is a big ******* difference right there. Obviously marijuana use is definitely a bigger threat to the credibility of the sport than testosterone use.......

But I get it, it's in the rules that Marijuana use is strictly prohibited by the athletic commission (forget the fact that Nick has a licensed card to use the stuff), so you gotta follow the rules Nicholas! Please, the rules and the athletic commission are a ******* joke and I applaud Nick Diaz for giving the finger to that crook Keith Kizer and trying to expose his ass.
GrappleRetarded is offline   Reply With Quote