MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Diego Sanchez goes off on Nick Diaz - HILARIOUS!

View Single Post

Old 11-20-2012, 12:40 PM   #29 (permalink)
jonnyg4508
Ultra-weight

jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
It's not that bad.

Diego is coming off a loss, a lot of people thought he'd beat Ellenberger had it been five rounds, he's also got a good win over Kampmann(I'm aware a lot of people though it was controversial) and Nick is coming off a loss aswell and could use some building back up.

And then, if he goes down to fight Nate if Nate loses to Bendo(hopefully he doesn't) then Sanchez would be a good first fight back from a title loss for Nate.

Plus, Diego is a top ten guy at Lightweight and he's got a decent shot of beating both guys. Furious pace, great chin, good sub defense.
I wouldn't mind a Sanchez/Nate fight if Nate doesn't beat Bendo. I know he mentioned Nate, but he was basically talking shit to Nick. So I assume that is the fight he is after. And to me that fight makes little sense.

I view Sanchez the same way I view Guida. Energetic. A character. Solid wrestling. Solid BJJ defense. Load of cardio. Striking is awful. They make any fight a close fight because judges can't score properly. They have to miss more strikes than anyone in the game.

Personally I don't think Sanchez has that great of wrestling at 170. Could he get Nick down? Yea, perhaps. But Nick would own him on the ground with tie ups or sweeps. Or he would get back up. Then he would obviously own him on the feet. I think Nick is a lot better than he was then. And Sanchez isn't.

Sanchez is in the process of getting back on track and choosing a weight class to be in. Makes little sense for him to fight Nick. And even Nate if he loses a close fight. Nate would still be a top 5 LW and Sanchez doesn't deserve that his first fight back in that division. But he knows creating fake anger is the highway to bigger fights. More and more fighters are realizing this.
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote