MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC allowed to promote Alistair Overeem fight despite suspension, but not Nick Diaz

View Single Post

Old 11-20-2012, 11:44 AM   #18 (permalink)
GrappleRetarded
Banned

GrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdtcpl View Post
You may not like the rules, but they are what they are, and Nick Diaz AGREED to them when he applied for the license. When he re-applied after his first suspension it was noted what another instance would cost him.

Get off the victim mentality here man, why don't you get real? If I got busted for something here at work and they gave me one more warning, I break the rule and get busted again, am I supposed to 'fight the corrupt system' and lead a crusade against my company?

NO! Everyone would call me an idiot, say I got what I deserved, and that I knew better. They would expect that because I am an adult who makes adult decisions that I accept the consequences of my actions. Nick Diaz is not above these rules.

No one here is arguing that Weed is more deadly, gives Nick an unfair advantage, etc. The statement being made is that you cannot compare a 1 time offender (yes we all agree he has been using forever, so has Diaz and he has only gotten caught twice) to a 2 time offender. Then add into it the way they have handled themselves in accordance with their punishments. No one is saying Diaz should kiss anyones ass, but maybe, just maybe, he should just shut his mouth, stop with the lawsuits while being 'retired', and instead serve his sentence and decide what he wants to do when it is over. He can keep talking trash, suing, and filing appeals all he wants, what he really needs to do is accept responsibility.
I appreciate the civil response, but it isn't the fact that Nick got suspended that annoys me too much. I can accept the fact that he got caught, and yes, it is in the rules and he knew what he was letting himself in for and he serves his ban. It's just the Alistair Overeem comparison that really grinds me gears. Sure, it's his first time offense, but his offense is so much worse than Nicks and he gets a lighter suspension because he's playing buddy with Kizer and the rest of the gang at the commission. That really just pisses me off.

If I had it my way and I was in charge of the commission, I'd have Alistair banned from MMA, along with any other fighters looking to give themselves an unfair advantage by abusing performance enhancing drugs, I'd have them all permanently banned and seriously revise the rules as to what constitutes as performance enhancing (testostorone) and what doesn't (cannabis).

But hey, I'm just some jerk job behind a keyboard venting.
GrappleRetarded is offline   Reply With Quote