MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC allowed to promote Alistair Overeem fight despite suspension, but not Nick Diaz

View Single Post

Old 11-20-2012, 01:57 PM   #25 (permalink)
LL
Cruz Control

LL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
Well just state the obvious. Of course if Nick Diaz isn't fighting he isn't earning money.

We are talking about exactly that. Overeem being promoted on suspension. And Diaz not being promoted on suspension.

We are talking about promomotion. Maybe I'm not following you here, but not sure what you are implying.
What I'm saying is, Nick won't be able to make the big bucks if the NSAC doesn't let him back clearly they're making an example out of him since he tried to fight them where as Overeem complied, went on about his business and just erode the suspension out. If they don't re-license him then he either is forced to retire or he has go to Japan and fight.

What I'm saying is, there's a difference between PR and promotion, he doesn't need PR to hype his fights, but he does need promotion in order to fight. The fact Overeem is being allowed to be promoted and Nick is not basically tells you that the NSAC isn't happy with him.
LL is offline   Reply With Quote