MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Rashad is confident GSP defeats Anderson Silva.

View Single Post

Old 11-21-2012, 04:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
Liddellianenko
KO artist

Liddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
But GSP hasnt exactly had the need to find a way to win.

He just uses his wrestling to overwhelm his opponent and get the decision.

By "Finding a way to win" i mean the fact that even when stuff isnt exactly going according to Andersons plan he always manages to pull something amazing out of his ass and put an end to it. Its not something GSP has done in a long time. If he is losing the fight im not so sure he can find a way to win.

For instance i think if GSP takes Anderson down and wins a round or 2 there is still a very high chance that Anderson will pull off a Sub or a KO or something amazing. On the other hand if Anderson is picking GSP apart and not letting him take him down.... thats pretty much it.
Ok you mean Anderson can turn the tables even when the chips are down, whereas GSP is more of a dominate or wilt.

I can see that, but I think GSP doesn't need to turn the tables, he just needs to stay out of danger and not get carried away. Yeah Anderson always has that flash KO or sub around the corner, but GSP is the master of nullifying the miracles and being relentless against his opponents weakness, which is why a lot of people hate him.

It's obviously a hard fight to predict for sure as both guys have the exact tools needed to beat the other one and both are equally dominant and brilliant. That is why this fight is so exciting, and that is probably why we'll never actually get to see it.
Liddellianenko is offline   Reply With Quote