MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Rashad is confident GSP defeats Anderson Silva.

View Single Post

Old 11-21-2012, 11:31 AM   #34 (permalink)
Dr Gonzo
Number 1 Nerf-Herder

Dr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
Its never the best idea to just let fighters advanace position. But fighters all the time open up doors for sub attempts, just so they have room to get up or counter. GSP even said that is what Condit was doing, almost baiting him into trying to sub him.

I just think it may be a go to plan if it comes down to it. Better to lose that way then have a guy sit in guard and get "top points" and win a decision.

But this is all being said from my point of view. And I don't see GSP as a threat to finish Anderson at all. No matter how long he is on top or what positions he moves too. Side, full mount, north south. Some people may think he has a better shot at finishing than I do.
I see what you mean. It would probably make the fight more excting too! But surely the closed guard is the best way to get a sub off your back. So wouldn't Silva try to stop GSP passing guard? The only reason Anderson would allow GSp to pass guard would be so he can scramble. OK hes got more of a chance finishing the fight onhis feet, obviously, but is he not more vulnerable to takedowns? Thus giving GSP more points? I think Silva should just try to avoid the takedown and KO GSP. Condit connected so I'm sure The Spider can find a way.

I used to be Tyson Fury but now I'm not.
Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote