MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Rashad is confident GSP defeats Anderson Silva.

View Single Post

Old 11-21-2012, 12:33 PM   #40 (permalink)
jonnyg4508
Ultra-weight

jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson Fury View Post
I see what you mean. It would probably make the fight more excting too! But surely the closed guard is the best way to get a sub off your back. So wouldn't Silva try to stop GSP passing guard? The only reason Anderson would allow GSp to pass guard would be so he can scramble. OK hes got more of a chance finishing the fight onhis feet, obviously, but is he not more vulnerable to takedowns? Thus giving GSP more points? I think Silva should just try to avoid the takedown and KO GSP. Condit connected so I'm sure The Spider can find a way.
Well depends if he wants to try and sub him or if he wants to get back up. I too think he can tie GSP up well from guard and that can be a way he can get it standing anyway. I think he can sub GSP, it will be the strongest wrist control GSP has ever dealt with. He didn't go down to the ground with Shields. It would definatly be the best guard he has been in, especially with ANderson's length.

Sure, he should definatly try to avoid the TD that should be plan A. But like I said, if it comes down to it where he isn't subbing GSP and GSP is just in guard...then I would let GSP get confident by giving up position in order to look for a counter.

ANderson could attack this fight in many ways and has many aspects that he can exploit or challenge. GSP basically has 1 or 2 ways. Wrestling/keeping him there. Or if Anderson gasses from the weight cut he could cruise the 2nd half of the fight.
jonnyg4508 is online now   Reply With Quote