MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - If Rory MacDonald beats Penn, where does he go from there?

View Single Post

Old 11-21-2012, 05:20 PM   #16 (permalink)
AlphaDawg
Super Heavyweight

AlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
Strikeforce WW champion Nate Marquardt
former MW title challenger Demian Maia
former Strikeforce WW champion and top five fighter Nick Diaz (and GSP's pick)
two time NCAA Div 1 champion and winner over Koshceck, Fitch, and Kampmann Johny Hendricks.

But lets give your standards for a second. Let's look around the league.

Cain Velasquez - 1 win and a title shot
Chael Sonnen - lost his last fight
Nate Diaz - 3 fight win streak
Frankie Edgar - lost his last fight
Jon Dodson - on a reality show last year

So according to your standards four divisions have invalid title fights. Long win streaks are good but they are also somewhat rare.
Invalid title fights? Where'd that come from? I just said there aren't many contenders. Marquardt is in a different org, Diaz is suspended and lost his last fight and I already mentioned Hendricks. Maia is a solid contender though, so that's like two.

You make a good point by bringing up the other divisions though. I had no idea it was this bad. I remember back in the day when fighters had to have a good 3-4 wins to get a shot. Now you got guys like Edgar and Sonnen getting shots off of losses and in different divisions than their own.
AlphaDawg is offline   Reply With Quote