MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - If Rory MacDonald beats Penn, where does he go from there?

View Single Post

Old 11-21-2012, 05:47 PM   #18 (permalink)
John8204
Ultra-weight

John8204 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJohn8204 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJohn8204 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJohn8204 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJohn8204 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJohn8204 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJohn8204 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJohn8204 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJohn8204 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJohn8204 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJohn8204 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDawg View Post
Invalid title fights? Where'd that come from? I just said there aren't many contenders. Marquardt is in a different org, Diaz is suspended and lost his last fight and I already mentioned Hendricks. Maia is a solid contender though, so that's like two.

You make a good point by bringing up the other divisions though. I had no idea it was this bad. I remember back in the day when fighters had to have a good 3-4 wins to get a shot. Now you got guys like Edgar and Sonnen getting shots off of losses and in different divisions than their own.
Check out my quizzes those days never really happened, certainly not with any consistency. It changed my mind on a few things, mainly Dan Hardy and how his streak really didn't look that horrible when put in perspective.

Strikeforce is over in January, Diaz is coming back in February after a close and controversial loss to Condit who fought a close and enjoyable fight with GSP. Diaz and GSP also makes smart business sense and the UFC needs it's big draws what with the injuries and everything.
John8204 is offline   Reply With Quote