MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Thiago Silva suspended, again, busted for pot

View Single Post

Old 11-22-2012, 04:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
Killz
The Fun Police

Killz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among Men
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ape City View Post
Stop suspending people for pot. It is so irrelevant it makes my brain cry out in pain. I thought the ridiculous notion that the recreational use of marijuana while competing in a sport would have resolved itself by now.

It was at least 10 years when that Canadian snowboarder tested positive for metabolites and was almost stripped of his gold medal. Thankfully they made the right decision and let him keep it; they recognized that smoking pot on friday night has nothing to do with training monday morning. Can't believe people are still being punished so harshly for using one of the safest recreational drugs known to man.
Whilst I agree suspending people for pot is a bit rediculous, it is a rule, and fighters know that.

If they test positive for it they only have themselves to blame.

"You see a mousetrap and I see free cheese and a f**king challenge" ~ Scroobius Pip

My Super FFL Team That Most Definitely Isn't Going to Come 2nd Last This Year!
Jose Aldo Carlos Condit Hector Lombard Edson Barboza Anthony 'Rumble' Johnson
Killz is offline   Reply With Quote