MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - MMA vs Street Fighter

View Single Post

Old 11-22-2012, 11:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Dr Gonzo
Number 1 Nerf-Herder

Dr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBrown View Post
So, I hear this alot in my neck of the woods and alot of people say that someone with just 1 Month of BJJ could submit the average person (or hurt them on the "street"). Does anyone think this is a good number? BJJ doesn't prepare you to get smashed in the face and while I love MMA and train, I'm not so convinced that your average MMA fighter could run through just anyone on the street (that has never trained in any martial art or discipline). My main reason is this: there is no feeling out process like we tend to see in sanctioned fights (and no rules). Any thoughts?
It depends on how many lessons that person has had during that one month period. I would say you probably only need 5 lessons, with prior knowledge of MMA/BJJ, to easily defeat an 'average' person off the street.

Also, BJJ does prepare you for getting hit in the face!!!!!

BJJ is a Martial Art of self defence, every martial art prepares you for getting hit in the face.

You give 'a feeling out process' as your reason as to why an average MMA fighter couldn't run through an average person on the street? This is complete nonsense buddy. There would be no need for a feeling out process, an average MMA fighter would crush anyone of similar size who hasn't had any training. Now if your talking about someone who has had only 1 month of BJJ/MMA training, taking out some random on the street, then the result would be the same.

You train MMA? Then either you're lying, delusional or trolling. If you are completely innocent then I hope my post has helped you.

I used to be Tyson Fury but now I'm not.
Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote