MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - do cornermen impede fighters ?

View Single Post

Old 11-23-2012, 06:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
FBrown
MMA Fanatic

FBrown has a spectacular aura aboutFBrown has a spectacular aura aboutFBrown has a spectacular aura aboutFBrown has a spectacular aura aboutFBrown has a spectacular aura aboutFBrown has a spectacular aura aboutFBrown has a spectacular aura aboutFBrown has a spectacular aura aboutFBrown has a spectacular aura aboutFBrown has a spectacular aura aboutFBrown has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson Fury View Post
Trix, you make a good point. Its something I've thought about before. Surely it must be quite simple to give certain moves and strikes codes? They manage it on the PPVs etc so why not Ultimate Fighter? I would find it incredibly annoying. Is this happening with every fighter then? Reason I ask is, in Forrest Griffins first book, he explains that fighters should tell their trainers on how to instruct them during a fight. Now if Forrest does that, I'd say most people do so why not the Ultimate Fighter contestents? If the UF contestents do tell their trainers on how they'd like to be intructed, why are they asking their trainers to call out the actual move?

Unless of course they are asking their trainers/coaches to call the wrong moves intentionally to confuse their opponents and opposite coaches.
That sounds reasonable enough but if the coaches are yelling out the wrong stuff then the fighter knows what NOT to do but may not be sure what to do especially if they are losing the fight. I imagine it mostly has to do with the fact that a fighter on TUF hasn't fought around these people and isn't around them much. I mean the entire time they are on the show is about the prep length for a fight for a normal UFC fighter (8 weeks give or take). I'm sure the coaches may not know alot about what the fighter is capable of going into the fight until they've fought and advanced once or twice whereas someone who is already in the UFC has been fighting and works with the same people each fight for the most part.
FBrown is offline   Reply With Quote