MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - do cornermen impede fighters ?

View Single Post

Old 11-23-2012, 07:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Life B Ez
"Focus"

Life B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trix View Post
one thing ive noticed about TUF is fights to get into the house are when fighters are at their peak.

the rest of the fights can be lackluster and boring in comparison.

sometimes, i get irritated listening to the cornerman and wonder how fighters stand the distraction without getting irritated. it seems like a cornermen yelling at someone to throw the outside leg kick is kind of a dumb move.

its not only distracting the fighter & possibly slowing his response time, its also telling the other fighter exactly what they are going to do in advance.

i was wondering if control freak cornermen could be the cause for boring TUF fights and fighters performing below their peak.

and what ppl think about cornermen who approach things as if it were a video game, where they try to tell their fighter to throw a specific punch or kick in real time.

when manny pacquiao or mike tyson fight, i dont know that their trainers micro manage or try to control their fighters are they're fighting.

it just seems kind of dumb to me when mma trainers try to yell instructions every second of every round. it seems like a backseat driver effect. if a racecar driver had someone in the backseat yelling advice I would think it would cause them to drive slower instead of faster..

and i really wonder how much of a negative effect it could have and whether or not it could actually cause some fighters to perform lower than their peak..
There is a lot wrong with this imho. Fights on tuf suck because the guys don't want to take injuries they are out of their comfort zone and they already figure they've got a shot in the ufc. If Dana gives a single contract only to the winner this year things will be different. Not to mention mostnof the guys carbon there for personality not talent.

Second all coaches are yelling at all times even during the big fights. When you are there live you hear them. You don't hear it on the tv broadcast because they fade it out in the truck. It does however depends on the fighter. Some guys want step by step instruction and want to be given commands like a video game others just want general direction or whatever it depends on the fighter. But no coach is just dead quiet the whole time. You best believe Manny and Tyson were getting yelled at. I've watched Manny spar in person his corner is never quiet.

Oh and I don't know a ton about Nascar but I know for a fact they have a guy in their ear the entire four hundred lap race. Why do you think fighters change gyms and suddenly step up a whole level it's not just the training partners fighters have teams too.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3