MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - MMA vs Street Fighter

View Single Post

Old 11-23-2012, 01:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
Couchwarrior
Middleweight

Couchwarrior Is Destined For GreatnessCouchwarrior Is Destined For GreatnessCouchwarrior Is Destined For GreatnessCouchwarrior Is Destined For GreatnessCouchwarrior Is Destined For GreatnessCouchwarrior Is Destined For GreatnessCouchwarrior Is Destined For GreatnessCouchwarrior Is Destined For GreatnessCouchwarrior Is Destined For GreatnessCouchwarrior Is Destined For GreatnessCouchwarrior Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killz View Post
I always thought if a BJJ guy triangled a guy in a street fight 1 of 2 things could happen.

1 - the other guys friends would stomp all over him.

2 - the other guy would pick him up and slam him into the concrete.
When I apply a triangle I usually try to hook the guy's leg with my arm on the same side that my leg is against his neck, to secure a good choking angle. Although we don't slam each other in class, I think that grip also makes it pretty hard to do that. However, grabbing his leg in that way leaves your face open for strikes from his free arm, especially if you're using your other hand to adjust your legs of pull down his head. Although someone who doesn't know how to defend a triangle won't have many seconds to do so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBrown View Post
I've been doing BJJ for 2 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBrown View Post
If you put me in a triangle, who is to say I won't just bite off your balls?
No offense, but I find it a bit unbelievable that someone who has been training bjj for 2 years would still think a triangle will put you in a position where your opponent can bite your balls.
Couchwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote