Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Hallman's house burns down on thanksgiving

5K views 48 replies 22 participants last post by  Sportsman 2.0 
#1 ·
#12 ·
Don't want to join the pile on, but I can't resist.

There's nothing sadder than a religious person trying to explain why god gave their dad cancer or burned their house down or whatever.

I'd like to think if he was real, god had nothing to do with it, he was busy in Africa or the Middle East or something and Dennis just left the coffee pot on.

#25 · (Edited)
America, where NOT believing in a 3000 year old middle eastern sky god is considered 'ignorance'.

Bless 'em.

Let's not forget this is the guy, who after winning a recent fight in the UFC, publicly asked his god to come to earth in human form again and begin the rapture which is essentially the end of the world and a punishment for every living soul on earth who doesn't believe in his specific god.

Publicly wishing that everyone else's kids should get left on earth to be devoured by demons at the end of the world is not a good way to win fans.

Just saying...

#19 ·
So about that turkey huh?

Seriously though how many people are going to say "not to add to this" or "not to make this religious" then proceed to add fuel to the fire. Just stop it people you're all stupid for arguing about something that has never been the topic of a civil debate in which it ended with someone admitting defeat and changing their mind.

Protip: everyone stfu about religion.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

Reactions: evilappendix
#24 ·
Feel bad for Hallman, that is so sad to hear. Hope everything works out okay.

Typical of the internet for a thread like this to simply degenerate into bashing the dudes religion. As an atheist I find religion silly, but if him using God as a way to rationalise and make this horrible time much less hard then what's the big deal? Who cares if it helps ease him a bit, be much easier than if it happened to me and all I had to say was "damn I have shitty luck".

#29 ·
Because he's putting that crap in the public domain. This guy is saying outright God chose to burn his house down. So what about hypothetical mother who's family was killed in the recent storm on the East Coast, how does she feel when she reads his nonsense?

There's people suffering all over the world, children being abused and killed and lives ruined by war. As far as Hallman is concerned, God decides all of this. Sure, that's not what he's said but let's face it he may as well have.

Or do we pick and chose what we hold God responsible for? A bit like interpretations of the bible :thumbsup:

#27 ·
Just to reiterate, Hallman is a legit pioneer of the sport, he's been around forever and has some very impressive wins including 2 over Hughes.

But his recent foray into religious fundamentalism is just as scary and off-putting as if a fight came out as a muslim and started talking about killing infidels.

That post fight interview with Rogan was absolutely bone-chilling to people who understand the implications.

#28 ·
He's a scumbag.

He always comes off as holier-than-thou yet on multiple occassions curls up in a ball and tries to get everyone to pity him.

This dude is a pro fighter, there isnt a way in hell I'm going to donate money to a grown man without accident insurance when far more needy people need it.

He misses weight against Makdessi, instead of owning up to it, he makes a bunch of excuses and then pulls the whole self-righteous indignation and mocks Makdessi for missing weight in his next fight which had absolutely nothing to do with him.

Then he misses weight again and plays the whole sob story all the while publicly humiliating his wife "OHHHH MY WIFE IS A DRUG ADDICT! SPARE ME!". It's not like we know this is even true for that matter...I mean hell...if a judge gave his kids to a drug addict, what the **** does that said about Dennis Hallman?

#30 ·
That is the stupidest piece of shit excuse to rant on someone I have ever read online, and I've been on ******* Sherdog you dumbass.

He's a scumbag because he misses weight? And you wouldn't donate because of this fact? it's fair enough you don't wanna donate, but to bring up the whole scumbag tag you've given him on weight issues? I agree we don't know the full situation on his problems with his wife, but why publically bring it up if it were not true?

you're just ranting for the sake of ranting and just getting attention for yourself, yet again!

dumbest shit I will ever read, you've outdone yourself Roflcopter, you've said some really stupid crap in your life but this sucks shit sweetheart!

#31 ·
Wow. Lets just bash his religious faith and completely ignore the fact that his house burned right after being cut from the UFC. This guy has been going through pure hell, and I hope all turns out well for Dennis. I'd have to wonder what he's going to do to pay for this damage, or if the UFC might chip in...

#32 ·
it's one of those cases where you have to put yourself in his shoes and understand this has got to be the worst few months of his life. with kids involved it makes it all the more heartbreaking, hope he pulls through and his kids too. no one deserves this to happen to them.

Hallman is an MMA legend/pioneer, I hope it gets back on track and he'll be in the octagon soon.

#34 ·
He's a douchebag because he's the sort of person who has absolutely zero sense of personal accountability.

He always has an excuse for something or its always someone else's fault.

He's the sort of person that will blame divine intervention for something instead of just looking inside of himself and seeing failure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.