MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - MMA vs Street Fighter

View Single Post

Old 11-25-2012, 03:13 PM   #16 (permalink)
Voiceless
Middleweight

Voiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchwarrior View Post
When I apply a triangle I usually try to hook the guy's leg with my arm on the same side that my leg is against his neck, to secure a good choking angle. Although we don't slam each other in class, I think that grip also makes it pretty hard to do that. However, grabbing his leg in that way leaves your face open for strikes from his free arm, especially if you're using your other hand to adjust your legs of pull down his head. Although someone who doesn't know how to defend a triangle won't have many seconds to do so.
Try to not align you in the same direction as your opponent when doing the triangle, but align your body in angle towards the side of his free arm. That way he will not be able to use his strong erector muscles in a favorable way and it will off-balance any pick up attempt. And immediately straighten your back if he attempts to stand up, so you increase the leverage of your body weight on him.

Anyways, if you're about the same weight, an average untrained opponent won't pick you up to slam you the way a super strong elite athlete like Quinton Jackson would do. If he tried, an average person probably would just instantly get a lumbar disc herniation.

So being picked up and slammed wouldn't be that much of a concern. On the ground, I'd be much more concerned about my opponent's friends that could come around the corner and start to jump on my head.

Last edited by Voiceless : 11-25-2012 at 11:18 PM.
Voiceless is offline   Reply With Quote