MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - GSP: I will fight Silva when the time is right for me.

View Single Post

Old 11-26-2012, 07:02 PM   #21 (permalink)
Ape City
It's a league game, Smokey

Ape City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by rul3z View Post
And I really wish DW make a rematch for Condit!
You wanna see Condit lose again in exactly the same way, just like 90% of this board predicted? Condit needs to improve before he deserves another shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACTAFOOL View Post
He was 193 at the time of the shields fight
Just curious where you heard this? Did GSP say that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRifle View Post
Why can't he fight at 185 if he walks around at 188? I dont get it really. I mean how much weight can Silva put back in one day if he cuts to 185?
When you cut water weight you can put it all back on in one day. Silva weighs closer to 200 lbs come fight time, basically meaning they are *gasp* - wait for it - about 15 lbs or one division apart come fight time the way they are now.

That isn't including the other enormous advantage of height and reach.

GSP isn't saying he can't take the fight at this weight, he's just saying that it would be a big difference in size, and GSP would rather bulk up than just jump weight classes.

It also sounds like GSP doesn't want to give Anderson his "cherry" on his ice cream sundae, or whatever, when it might **** up the legacy he is still trying to build. Anderson gets his send off fight and GSP is kind of in limbo (if he truly can't go back down after bulking up).

Quote:
Originally Posted by LjStronge View Post
Direct Quotes

Ooookay

Good job taking the second quote completely out of context. GSP is saying that there is still relevant money to be made in his division, and that he can still make good money without going for the big one. GSP also continues to say, in the same sentence, right after you cut it off, several reasons other than money that he fights for. So...yeah...

Quote:
there's money to be made, there are fights in my weight class, other challenges out there, and if I fight him, I will have to gain weight, while he will have to lose weight, and then afterwards, I won't be able to come back to my weight class.