MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Ariel Helwani: "GSP said Silva fight not going to happen"

View Single Post

Old 11-26-2012, 08:45 PM   #34 (permalink)
ClydebankBlitz
Super Heavyweight

ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabakill View Post
The thing is you are showing your ignorance of mma in true stride right here. Anyone that understands skillsets and how mma strategies works knows GSP has little to no chance against Anderson, this is based on objective analysis. When you know how much better Anderson is than GSP and you add to the fact that he's bigger, well if someone has to explain it to you you're already lost.

I won't even bother getting into it because your hate fueled ignorant rants aren't even worth a response, go on in your fairy tale world getting angry when people correct your ignorance. don't be surprised when you don't get the responses you hope for when you talk like you do though. Get over yourself, I'm not even sure what your username is, I just responded to the comment.

edit: johnyg... I've never even seen you before, do you have mental issues?
To be fair, what chance did Chael have? Anderson's MAJOR downside is his takedown defence. As much as I love his fighting, Anderson is heavily overrated on here. Against a good wrestler (who stays awake long enough to go for a TD), will usually manage to take him down without great effort. If they have good enough sub defence (and arent gassed (Lutter), rocked (Hendo) or have shit sub def (Sonnen), they can probably get around his Jitz. His BJJ is his most overrated asset to me, with his only impressive performance off his back being in the second Sonnen fight to me. If GSP can take the fight down, I think he has a huge chance of winning.

To me, Sonnen's high points are GSP's low. Sonnen rushes takedowns and it works. He walked in against Anderson and took him straight down. GSP works for it, uses his jab and sets everything up. I dont think he'd get the oppertunity to take it down.

None the less, he's probably the best wrestler ever in the UFC, and Anderson is very weak to wrestling.

MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner
VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote