MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Fallen Soldiers...

View Single Post

Old 11-26-2012, 10:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
ClydebankBlitz
Light Heavyweight

ClydebankBlitz Is Beloved By AllClydebankBlitz Is Beloved By AllClydebankBlitz Is Beloved By AllClydebankBlitz Is Beloved By AllClydebankBlitz Is Beloved By AllClydebankBlitz Is Beloved By AllClydebankBlitz Is Beloved By AllClydebankBlitz Is Beloved By AllClydebankBlitz Is Beloved By AllClydebankBlitz Is Beloved By AllClydebankBlitz Is Beloved By All
Not trying to be a dick, but theres something I have never understood. How can someone be a brave hero, fighting to protect their country...whilst in another country? I don't get how an American soldier in Iraq is doing anything other than supressing local militia while the government **** the land's natural resources. It's always been a wierd statement to me. If I was to join the army, it'd be for my own reasons, and I've been close to joining the British and Irish armies on a few occasions. But I wouldnt be pretendinng to myself that I'm the good guy. America won the war by fending off the English who were trying to invade their land, becoming a heroic nation, right? Then how can the Iraqis not be considered heros in fending off the Americans who are currently invading their land?

Also, if someone wants to throw 9/11 at me as a reason for why America have to be present in the Middle East, then I'll throw down hiroshima and nagosaki at your ass. Pearl Harbour happens every day in Bagdad, and 9/11 was nothing more than a less malicious version of what the American military did in Japan those years ago.

My view:- If you're fighting a war in a country which isn't your own, YOU are the bad guy. Wether that be America in Middle East, Isreal in Palestine, or when the Scots tried to take over English land. The 'Taliban' is just a more heavily propagandanized (huh?) version of the IRA.

MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner

VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote