MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Fallen Soldiers...

View Single Post

Old 11-27-2012, 08:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
ClydebankBlitz
Super Heavyweight

ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Mercy View Post
Out of box thinking, unfortunately somewhat tainted.

Get one thing straight. Soldiers do not get involved with politics. They are there to follow orders and enforce the policy. I would invite you to express your opinions on military boards if you feel that strongly about it. I on the other hand am open minded and see where you are coming from.

The Brits colonized America. America decided to revolt and form their own independent sovereign nation. The cassus belli was "taxation without representation." Then as a message they decided to dump tea over board; Boston Tea Party. I visited a lot of these historical sites, but anyone could tell you the story. It wasn't an invasion. The Brits set up base in New York then tried to get the colonists under control which they failed because of the minute men who engaged in guerilla warfare. Something ironically the US has dealt with in Vietnam (containment) and Afghanistan (control of the regions for possible economic reasons).

Majority US soldiers were engaged in the European theater and were about to be recalled to Japan. To save US lives, time, and resources they warned Japan to surrender. They also wanted to send a clear msg this is what happens when you bomb the USA first at Pearl Harbour. Clyde, do you even know why the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbour, why specifically there without Googling it. They did not capitulate therefore the second bomb dropped and soon after they surrendered. Perhaps you should read about the Nanking Massacre (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanking_Massacre). Imagine them occupying your homeland, you would think much differently. Japan did not follow the rules of conduct. Japan had much to atone to.

What you say trivializes the soldiers there who have made the ultimate sacrifice for their nations. Perhaps you would feel differently if it were a family member or friend who served and didn't make it back home. We don't have to agree with the war, but we have to accept it as it is and salute them nonetheless.
I did the political side of things in school, but cant in my fuk remember it. But really, America is in Iraq fighting a war. That's all that is needed. The day any Middle Eastern country invades America, thats the day they can be justified to fight. As I said, 9/11 was a long awaited response to American soldiers refusing to cease presence in their country, and refusing to stop policing their community. Obviously a horrible thing, but I just think if people think, and they do, that America are justified to enter the Middle East based on that travesty, then imagine what Japan would have been justified to do after, in retaliation to their bombing of US military ships, two of their cities wre ablithorated. My spelling sucks today so you know, leave that out

And of course, I agree with your closing points. As I said, if I was a soldier I'd be one for my own reasons. I wouldnt fool myself into thinking it's for my country. Just because theres a certain flag flying off the RV, doesnt mean we're not in someone elses country telling their soldiers to disarm. If a family member was there, and wether or not something happened, I'd salute that they made a decision to enter one of the most difficult occupations on the planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
edit - not going to get into this debate again so deleted my long post.

I don't respect U.S soldiers. I don't "disrespect" them either, though. I'm neutral and respect them as I'd respect my pizza delivery guy. I had typed out a long post about why soldiers don't deserve any extra respect beyond any other job, but then that will just start a debate that I honestly don't want to have. I'll just leave it at that.
I respect them as in it's a hell of a job, and they are setting up and committing to something which most people arent even capable of doing. I don't really respect the heroism or that they are fighting for freedom, because I dont believe they are.

MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner
VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote