MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Hendricks: "My jiu-jitsu is better than my hands"

View Single Post

Old 11-27-2012, 11:04 AM   #22 (permalink)
Killz
The Fun Police

Killz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among Men
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
The Fitch KO was nice. Fitch doesn't have much striking, but he doesn't let that happen to him. The Kampmann KO I could see from a mile away. Kampmann wasn't going to out-wrestle him, so striking it was. Kampmann seems to love to get smashed in teh face whenever he fights. Hendricks isn't the guy you want smashing you in the face. Kampmann's defense is some of the worst in MMA.

A power strikerisn't going to beat GSP in my opinion, not unless they are technical on top of it. Sure Hendricks can send anyone in that division to the mat. But when GSP has a whole training camp to gameplan around a powerful left hand, I'm sure he can and will avoid it. Hendricks could stuff a TD, but not many.

Hey maybe it happens. Would be awesome. It is basically a different version of the Kos fight. Kos is the better wrestler but Hendricks has more 1 punch power. But they were both non-technical, cocked hand, wrestlers. Difference is GSP will probably have an easier time getting Hendricks down and gassing him before Hendricks can display any hand power.
Cant say I disagree with any of this.

If Hendricks is relying on only landing the left hand then i can see it being a very long night for him if he fights GSP.

"You see a mousetrap and I see free cheese and a f**king challenge" ~ Scroobius Pip

My Super FFL Team That Most Definitely Isn't Going to Come 2nd Last This Year!
Jose Aldo Carlos Condit Hector Lombard Edson Barboza Anthony 'Rumble' Johnson
Killz is offline   Reply With Quote