MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Rory Doesn’t Care What B.J. Penn Does or Says – “I’m Still Going to Beat His Ass”

View Single Post

Old 11-28-2012, 12:33 PM   #16 (permalink)
Toxic

Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Toxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among Men
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
lol, there it is again... 'motivated BJ Penn'.

BJ was 'motivated' for Jon Fitch, Nick Diaz, and Georges St. Pierre. You know, until he mentally quit in the Octagon.
I think the difference in how BJ looks and who he brings in for training camps makes it pretty evident whether or not he is motivated. When he is motivated he brings in better guys to train with and looks better because of it both physically and how he is prepared skill wise.

I would argue the only one of those 3 fights he was motivated for was the Jon Fitch fight and that was a fight I thought he didn't stand a chance in, unfortunately for Penn the size and strength difference was evident and trying to drag Jon Fitch around the cage ran him out of gas.

The Diaz fight Penn absolutely ran out of gas and quit after actually proving to be the better fighter in the first round which baffled me because it was like he was sure he could destroy Diaz in the first 3 minutes and pretty much trained for that.

"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Rafael Silva*Zach Makovsky*Michael Page

Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote