MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Hendricks: "My jiu-jitsu is better than my hands"

View Single Post

Old 11-28-2012, 10:49 PM   #54 (permalink)
LL
Cruz Control

LL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
I don't agree. I'm a big Diaz fan, and I would pick GSP to win. But he can do what Condit did plus more BJJ off his back...at least in my opinion. I don't think he or Hendricks wins that fight. But Nick is much more well-rounded and a thinking fighter, plus he can get under GSP's skin more than a Hendricks. Nick will threaten off his back and have the better hands. Condit had the better kicks but didn't have enough BJJ to do anything too crafty.

You are a Condit fan, so you won't agree, but thats my opinion. Nick in my opinion has the best shot at beating GSP at 170 besides maybe Rory in a couple years. He is the only one that can match GSP's cardio in the division.
I don't think either guy wins either but GSP's last fight showed that even though he is crafty and very well rounded he's not quite invincible. For me, I feel like someone has a better chance of KO'ing him than submitting him, that's why I'd take Hendricks, because he did get dropped in his last fight where as I can't remember the last time he was in danger of being submitted.

I agree Nick is better off his back and could threaten GSP but he works with Estima, Gracie, Danaher and so many good guys on the ground he surely has that aspect wrapped up.
LL is offline   Reply With Quote