MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Diaz vs Silva?

Thread: Diaz vs Silva?
View Single Post

Old 11-29-2012, 12:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
Dr Gonzo
Number 1 Nerf-Herder

Dr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
It wouldn't hurt his cred, but why bother? GSP's got it made at 170, he just beat his toughest test in Condit and who at 170 really stands a chance to beat him? Hendricks? Unlikely, Diaz? Probably not. Marquardt? It's an interesting fight but I'd still pick GSP. He has a lot of years left in his career and he could potentially tie or even break Anderson's title defense record.

If Anderson loses a fight and I think Anderson will lose soon, then Georges can still become the GOAT by never having to fight him. Look at what happened to Fedor, he lost a fight and now Anderson took his spot, if Anderson loses Georges can take his spot, and maybe in the future Jones will take Georges spot. He's young enough to eclipse all those records if he can remain champ.

I think it's a unanimous opinion, at least on this forum that if they do fight Anderson would probably beat him, I know many feel that way and I do as well, but if I'm GSP, why bother? All it takes for him to move up on that list of 'Greatest of all time' is to keep doing what he's doing and for Anderson to finally lose, and Georges is much more complete than Anderson so the chances of Anderson losing before he does is more likely.
Excellent and very important point. Another factor in why Silva pushing for this fight more than GSP.

As far as Diaz challenging Silva, fair play to him. Can't fault his balls. He'd get a kicking though.

I used to be Tyson Fury but now I'm not.
Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote