MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Diaz vs Silva?

Thread: Diaz vs Silva?
View Single Post

Old 11-29-2012, 12:15 PM   #16 (permalink)
TheNinja
Lightweight

TheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
It wouldn't hurt his cred, but why bother? GSP's got it made at 170, he just beat his toughest test in Condit and who at 170 really stands a chance to beat him? Hendricks? Unlikely, Diaz? Probably not. Marquardt? It's an interesting fight but I'd still pick GSP. He has a lot of years left in his career and he could potentially tie or even break Anderson's title defense record.

If Anderson loses a fight and I think Anderson will lose soon, then Georges can still become the GOAT by never having to fight him. Look at what happened to Fedor, he lost a fight and now Anderson took his spot, if Anderson loses Georges can take his spot, and maybe in the future Jones will take Georges spot. He's young enough to eclipse all those records if he can remain champ.

I think it's a unanimous opinion, at least on this forum that if they do fight Anderson would probably beat him, I know many feel that way and I do as well, but if I'm GSP, why bother? All it takes for him to move up on that list of 'Greatest of all time' is to keep doing what he's doing and for Anderson to finally lose, and Georges is much more complete than Anderson so the chances of Anderson losing before he does is more likely.
GSP is never going to be known as the "greatest of all time" He won't Even be top 2. He will be the greatest WW ever, but the dude is a beast and a coward at the same time. He doesn't take risks, never has. Everything he has ever done has been calculated. Even most of his fights aren't note worthy. I mean how many spectacular finishes does GSP have compared to guys like Anderson Silva, Fedor, Jon Jones... This stuff matters when your talking about GOAT.

To most people Silva will always people the greatest ever. The guy has fought in multiple weight classes. He takes huge risks in his fights and he's exciting. Jon Jones could possibly eclipse Silva because he is the same way. He takes risks in his fights, finishes people and wants to move up in weight and challenge himself.

I'm sorry, GSP is the man at 170lbs but he is afraid to take risks, and that makes him a coward.
TheNinja is offline   Reply With Quote