MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Ariel Helwani: "GSP said Silva fight not going to happen"

View Single Post

Old 11-29-2012, 10:26 PM   #54 (permalink)
LL
Cruz Control

LL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnar426 View Post
I'm going to disagree with you. Whats holding up the division is Dana White himself. Why allow the interim champion to wait 8 months to fight a champion that is using that time to recuperate? Why allow GSP to hold the title when he was inactive for over a year? Why hold up the division for another year for a GSP vs. Silva match when its clear you have a clear contender for the title (Johny Hendricks)? Its frustrating anymore.
I agree with this, if you're going to make an interim title make them defend it. They're talking about making Barao defend his after he's sat on it for half a year and they were gonna do a Condit/Diaz rematch but it fell through and Condit got to wait, I don't blame them for waiting because of the financial gain and that's why they all fight is to make money.

Personally though, I think interim titles are just marketing props. There's a reason "interim" is attached.
LL is offline   Reply With Quote