MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Alexander Gustafsson vs. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua Thread

View Single Post

Old 11-29-2012, 09:56 PM   #17 (permalink)
jonnyg4508
Ultra-weight

jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
Chuck Liddell could take a punch in his day too, chins fade, and the Jones and Henderson fights were not good for him, he took a ton of damage and if the Vera fight is any indication his best days are behind him.

I certainly wouldn't pick him in rematches with Jones, Machida, and Henderson and I'd favor Rashad and Gus over him at this point, I think he could beat Bader, Rampage, and some of those guys. Feijao and Mousasi might beat him too.
How much of a chance do you give him vs. Gustaf?

I agree chins fade. But Hendo has been rocked plenty and is 41 and his is not fading overall. Tough to say if Shogun's will fade until it happens. He is defiantly slower in defense and his exchanges so he gets hit clean more often these days.

I think if Gustaf wins it won't be by finish in a 3 round fight.
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote