MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Cain Velasquez: I'm going to prove I'm the best when I take my belt back

View Single Post

Old 11-30-2012, 07:59 AM   #20 (permalink)
GrappleRetarded
Banned

GrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
It took Junior a mere 64 seconds to figure him out the first time...

What has Cain ever shown that makes anyone think it'll be different this time around? When have you seen Junior taken down and kept down? Never in the UFC, when have you seen Cain dropped by punches? Twice, once of those coming against the man he'll be facing in his next fight.
When had we ever see Lyoto Machida taken down and held down prior to the Jon Jones fight?

That didn't stop Jon from easily taking him down, elbowing his face up and then proceeding to choke him into unconsciousness.

If Cain comes in with the right grappling game plan, he could very well take Junior down and have his way with him on the ground. Junior still hasn't been tested by a truly elite level wrestler with a game plan for take downs, just like Machida hadn't prior to facing Jones.

Juniors ground game is finally going to be tested in this fight, and lets just say I don't think it will be passing with flying colours...

Last edited by GrappleRetarded : 11-30-2012 at 08:03 AM.
GrappleRetarded is offline   Reply With Quote