MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Cain Velasquez: I'm going to prove I'm the best when I take my belt back

View Single Post

Old 11-30-2012, 08:12 AM   #26 (permalink)
cdtcpl
Megaweight

cdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By All
1) I agree with the others who say that there is no real point in getting panties in a bunch over a statement like "Going to get my belt back". It is said all the time by everyone.

2) The problem with a KO as quick as JDS got is that he really doesn't have any sense of Cain. By that I mean, BJ Penn and GSP know each other very well from their fights. They know their habits, their quirks, etc, things that you can't get from watching video. JDS blew out Cain without Cain really ever getting started.

With the above said, I still think JDS will win this. But I only think he has 2 rounds to do it in. JDS has been known to coast when he knows he is winning, Cain has never in his life coasted through anything. For me the real factor will be if the fight goes past 2 rounds, how long can JDS handle the quick in and out movement of Cain. Eventually we will see cardio vs cardio and in that match-up I pick Cain.

Still my official prediction is JDS by KO/TKO at about 4 minutes into the first round this time. I think Cain doesn't have the strongest chin and he got lucky when Kongo found out that Kongo has a shitty ground game.
cdtcpl is offline   Reply With Quote