MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Cain Velasquez: I'm going to prove I'm the best when I take my belt back

View Single Post

Old 11-30-2012, 09:37 AM   #30 (permalink)
LL
Rough Sex and Banana Pudding

LL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdtcpl View Post
I think Edgar did it for the Aldo challenge and nothing else. Just like I think he would go up to WW if he thought he would get a crack at GSP.
Frankie doesn't even weigh 170.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
When had we ever see Lyoto Machida taken down and held down prior to the Jon Jones fight?

That didn't stop Jon from easily taking him down, elbowing his face up and then proceeding to choke him into unconsciousness.

If Cain comes in with the right grappling game plan, he could very well take Junior down and have his way with him on the ground. Junior still hasn't been tested by a truly elite level wrestler with a game plan for take downs, just like Machida hadn't prior to facing Jones.

Juniors ground game is finally going to be tested in this fight, and lets just say I don't think it will be passing with flying colours...
That's a valid point but we've also seen Cain take a guy down and still manage to get dropped several times in a fight and the uppercut is the best way to catch a wrestler coming in and Junior has a nasty uppercut. Cain will have to be very careful when he picks his shots in this fight.

THE PERFECT RECORD

THE PERFECT FIGHTER
LL is offline   Reply With Quote