MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Diaz vs Silva?

Thread: Diaz vs Silva?
View Single Post

Old 11-30-2012, 11:16 AM   #46 (permalink)
MMA-Sportsman
Super Heavyweight

MMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitOrGetHit View Post
Bad comparison. We all know a triathlon is not MMA but it does require a high level of fitness.
A level of fitness oriented for a specific heart beat rate range throughout a specific exercice. To prepare to one thing has zero to do with preparing to another. I assure you Nick does not rely solely in his triathlon training to go in the octagon, thus the comparison is up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitOrGetHit View Post
Completing math problems? Not so much. Cardio vascular training has a lot more to do with MMA than math.
Some could say being a good math problem solver would help your strategy in a fight, increasing the ability to find answers for your opponent's skills and overcome your own weakness along the bout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxpillowxxjp View Post
lolwut.

But to answer your question, a lot of fighters actually graduated college and are very smart so i'm sure alot of them actually could solve some pretty hard math problems .
Oh, absolutely. And do some triathlon as well if they were fond of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joabbuac View Post
And stamina is stamina, completing a triathlon gives you another thing to point too when arguing his work ethic.
It wasn't me criticizing his work ethic meaning his preparation, but I would say he has some non ethic attitude in the sport. Any high level athlete of any area can deplete his stamina to "minus zero" in less than 10 minutes if working his heart out of the range he is used to train.
PS: It could be way less than 10 minutes, actually...

Last edited by MMA-Sportsman : 11-30-2012 at 11:20 AM.
MMA-Sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote