MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - MMA vs Street Fighter

View Single Post

Old 11-30-2012, 01:26 PM   #20 (permalink)
ClydebankBlitz
Super Heavyweight

ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibernaculum View Post
(regurgitating my JuJitsu teacher) Simple wins fights, no matter what level you are you're going to need to rely on the white belt moves, because that's your base and that's where you need to be able to make the right move on instinct.

As a white belt where I train we don't learn submissions, they're not the basics. The basics are break-falls, movement, striking, positioning, and keeping your hands up.
Can a submission win a fight, yes, is it always going to be ideal, no. The more training and experience you have the better off you should be on average.
Exact same with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Mercy View Post
True dat. I've never seen anyone bite someone in a street, bar, club, restaurant, cafe...any fight for that matter. I've seen people getting shanked, hit in the head with baseball bats w/ head split open, bottles galore, stools, chairs, head butt, flying soccer kick, stomps, and pretty much everything else you can imagine. But never biting, eye guaging, pokes in the ribs (lolz), and thankfully no curb stomping.
That's like grade school stuff man. When people get into holds biting won't make the other guy release it. You're going to sleep.

One thing Kin speaks from experience is adrenaline. ANYONE who's done battle can agree. You're impervious to gun shot wounds and stab wounds for less than a minute...then you'll pass out from blood loss. You're fighting for your life so you're in a fight or flight mode.

Had an acquaintance who got jacked in an alley and fought off three dudes getting punctured in the lung and slashed in his arm blocking it...knocking out all three then passing out to the ER. We were practicing different moves, trading war stories and he showed me his narly scars.

Anyways you shouldn't be getting into street fights cuz almost always someone else has a weapon or a larger crew than you. But hey if you want to get an adrenaline rush be my guest.
"You're fighting for your life so you're in a fight or flight mode."

"That's like grade school stuff man."

Dont you feel this contradicts? You're right with your first part, you're fighting for your life. In that case, I couldn't care less if it was grade school, playschool, high school or driving school, if something works, I'll use it. Someone has you in a triangle in a fight right? Well, you dont know him, so for all you know he's literally going to choke you to death. I dont know if you've ever been choked out of a controlled enviroment, but that sudden panic will make you do anything you can. Biting and groin grabs are pretty much your only options there.

And say you get someone in a triangle and put them to sleep. You say you wont let go because of the adrenaline of the fight. Alright, but heres the situation. He bites you, takes a huge chunk out your leg (5-10 seconds is a HUGE amount of time), and you put him to sleep. In 10 minutes he wakes up and is fine, but you've got a hole the size of a mouth removed for the rest of your life. I consider him to have bested that exchange.

You're taking fighting as in there is a winner and loser. "Thats grade school stuff". If you actually know fighting (which you might well), you'll know that respect goes out the window. Unless you're still in high school, respect for winning a fight doesnt exist out of sports and regulated compitition. If this is a hate triggered fight, you're just looking to hurt someone. He knows submissions? Rib his balls off, see if he's bragging about putting you out to his mates the next day.

And I've seen someone bite someone in a fight. About 2 years ago a mate of mine got someone in a headlock (like under the arm) and was punching the other dude. He ended up having to get 7 stitches in his side after the dude went lock jaw on him. You're constrained to a point where you can only move your mouth, and you're being choked, you may aswell try and rip the dudes flesh off before he puts you out and maybe even threatens your life.

I agree that you shouldnt be getting in fights though. I'm at that stage where I love fighting, but I could NEVER start a fight. I'd feel horrible if I ever started on someone. Way too old for that bullshit, and I'm only 20. You do get those situations though where you think "I'd LOVE someone to take a dig at me right now" . And if someone has a bigger crew or a weapon, you may aswell go down swinging.

MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner
VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote