MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Cain Velasquez: I'm going to prove I'm the best when I take my belt back

View Single Post

Old 11-30-2012, 01:48 PM   #39 (permalink)
Terror Kovenant
Middleweight

Terror Kovenant Is World RenownTerror Kovenant Is World RenownTerror Kovenant Is World RenownTerror Kovenant Is World RenownTerror Kovenant Is World RenownTerror Kovenant Is World RenownTerror Kovenant Is World RenownTerror Kovenant Is World RenownTerror Kovenant Is World RenownTerror Kovenant Is World RenownTerror Kovenant Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
I hate when a fighter moves down cause they are losing, even if they are a major contender at the weight. Is Cain happy with NEVER being as good as JDS if he loses? If JDS beats him, he should keep training, beat everybody they put in front of him, and challenge AGAIN. He's 100% capable at HW, so why would he need to move down? Cause he cant beat someone?

Just for the controversy, I'm going for the Cain upset. I can see him landing some big shots on JDS on the feet from unexpected overhand kind of angles, and fighting through a big moment in the fight like Frankie E does. I think at some point he'll take the fight down and lands some big GnP elbows from close range, which will raise some questions of JDS' BJJ.
Cain has some tight crisp boxing, however JDS' has great range, harder shots, and a concrete chin. JDS also has a great base with very solid movement, the kind of guy that is hard to create angles on. I dont see Cain having what it takes on the feet to drop him. Cain is going to need to rush the TD, rush the TD, rush the TD.

JDS via KO in the first.