MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Alexander Gustafsson vs. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua Thread

View Single Post

Old 11-30-2012, 03:23 PM   #29 (permalink)
meli083
Flyweight

meli083 is a glorious beacon of lightmeli083 is a glorious beacon of lightmeli083 is a glorious beacon of lightmeli083 is a glorious beacon of lightmeli083 is a glorious beacon of lightmeli083 is a glorious beacon of lightmeli083 is a glorious beacon of lightmeli083 is a glorious beacon of lightmeli083 is a glorious beacon of lightmeli083 is a glorious beacon of lightmeli083 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM33 View Post
If you watch the fights, you'll see that Gustaf is not just hype. It doesn't matter who's on his record, just watch the way he fights... he's good.

He didn't finish Thiago Silva... so? He dropped him in the first minute then out-maneuvered him all night, beat him up nicely. Thiago dazed him with a hook... so? It was Thiago's only decent attack and Gus handled it well. Then carried on tooling him.

If he loses to Shogun, it doesn't mean he's hype. It means he fought a tried and true hard man with much more experience than himself. Look at the betting lines, Gustaf is actually favorite.
He's really good overall, agreed. But his last fight showed that he sort of backs down when his opponent gets aggressive. Thiago stalking him for a good portion of the fight, especially the 3rd round.

My question is, what does he do with another aggressive opponent like Shogun, who isn't nearly as tentative as Silva was?

This is what I'm afraid of. I hope he can hold his ground when Shogun starts stalking him.
meli083 is offline   Reply With Quote