MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - MMA vs Street Fighter

View Single Post

Old 11-30-2012, 02:29 PM   #21 (permalink)
No_Mercy
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!

No_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
Exact same with me.

"You're fighting for your life so you're in a fight or flight mode."

"That's like grade school stuff man."

Dont you feel this contradicts? You're right with your first part, you're fighting for your life. In that case, I couldn't care less if it was grade school, playschool, high school or driving school, if something works, I'll use it. Someone has you in a triangle in a fight right? Well, you dont know him, so for all you know he's literally going to choke you to death. I dont know if you've ever been choked out of a controlled enviroment, but that sudden panic will make you do anything you can. Biting and groin grabs are pretty much your only options there.

And say you get someone in a triangle and put them to sleep. You say you wont let go because of the adrenaline of the fight. Alright, but heres the situation. He bites you, takes a huge chunk out your leg (5-10 seconds is a HUGE amount of time), and you put him to sleep. In 10 minutes he wakes up and is fine, but you've got a hole the size of a mouth removed for the rest of your life. I consider him to have bested that exchange.

You're taking fighting as in there is a winner and loser. "Thats grade school stuff". If you actually know fighting (which you might well), you'll know that respect goes out the window. Unless you're still in high school, respect for winning a fight doesnt exist out of sports and regulated compitition. If this is a hate triggered fight, you're just looking to hurt someone. He knows submissions? Rib his balls off, see if he's bragging about putting you out to his mates the next day.

And I've seen someone bite someone in a fight. About 2 years ago a mate of mine got someone in a headlock (like under the arm) and was punching the other dude. He ended up having to get 7 stitches in his side after the dude went lock jaw on him. You're constrained to a point where you can only move your mouth, and you're being choked, you may aswell try and rip the dudes flesh off before he puts you out and maybe even threatens your life.

I agree that you shouldnt be getting in fights though. I'm at that stage where I love fighting, but I could NEVER start a fight. I'd feel horrible if I ever started on someone. Way too old for that bullshit, and I'm only 20. You do get those situations though where you think "I'd LOVE someone to take a dig at me right now" . And if someone has a bigger crew or a weapon, you may aswell go down swinging.
Without you mentioning your age I would have pegged you under 23 already. You havn't seen enough. Out of all my years I have never seen anyone eye gouge or bite someone in a fight. It could happen, I'm sure it would...but in our neck of the woods that's some rank shiet right there. Anyone who bit someone in a fight would get turned on by their own crew...lolz. Even in prison that shiet don't happen. You're gonna get stuck. I'm done with this topic.

Basically I'd take a bite vs a stab wound any day. There's more to worry about than that.

This whole MMA vs street fight is funny to me. Most were street fighters who started training to become pro fighters; Diaz Bro, Wanderlei Silva, Rampage, Lee Murray, etc.

I'll pick a seasoned MMA trained fighter any day of the week vs a random douche who's gonna try to eye guage or bite his way to win. He might bite a piece of flesh off, but that aint gonna stop you from choking or breaking his arm off. It's gonna piss you off even more.

From what I can see most are speaking from outside perspective and havn't engaged. Unless it's a hard shot you don't feel nothin' when you're scrapping that much I can tell you. It's the day after.

You seem like an alright bloke, but always got an opinion or something to say. Give it another 10 years worth of battles and you'll see...

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.

No_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote