Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Anthony Pettis "I respect Donald Cerrone's skills, but not him as a person"

3K views 24 replies 19 participants last post by  HitOrGetHit 
#1 ·
Cowboy is barking at the wrong tree here. Pettis for champion!

#2 ·
It's gonna be bittersweet when Pettis puts him down, on one hand Pettis' reign of dominance continues on the other hand, Cowboy's getting KO'ed. ;/

#10 ·
reign of dominance?

He is 2-1 in the Ufc, got out-wrestled by Guida, won a split decision against Jeremy Stephens?? and then Ko'd Joe Lauzon (who is as hot and cold as them come)

Besides beating Bendo in the WEC has had he been dominate?? I hope Cerrone uses those awesome leg chops to break him down and then his length for top control..

#5 ·
Pettis is one the best strikers in all of MMA. Cerrone is a great kickboxer with sound technique but Pettis generally for me can outpoint Cerrone everytime.

#6 ·
I think Pettis tries a little too much. To me he is more flashy while Cerrone is slightly more technically sound. I think Pettis might be able to beat him to the punch everytime, but Cerrone is such a solid stand up fighter now that he'd be able to get around Pettis' speed and get some shots off of his own in a complete war of a fight.

#9 ·
Yes its hard to see a striking stoppage, both guys are too versed in kickboxing to get finished standing. On the ground perhaps we may see a stoppage.
Pettis is still the better striker for me and will outpoint Cerrone in the striking aspect.

#16 ·
If a guy places his hand on the ground, are you allowed to stomp it? I mean you can stomp feet so why not hands?

Pettis has no one to blame for that loss but himself, but that loss only made him a better fighter, it showed him he wasn't ready back then, brought him back down to earth and it set him for his eventual 2013 UFC Title run when he knocks out the winner of Bendo/Diaz, which I can't lie, part of me hopes it Bendo, just so can Pettis can sleep him this time around.

Lauzon was the first to suffer, sadly, Cowboy has to be next.

#21 ·
I feel the difference in this fight will be combos. Pettis is way too comfortable as of late just throwing a single punch or kick with no real follow up. Cerrone on the otherhand has been starting to mix it up better and better. Pettis leaves himself fairly unguarded after throwing a punch or kick as well.

I see a Cerrone decision win based on more blows landed, but Cerrones face to look worse as he shows damage very easily.

#22 ·
this is a true number one contenders fight, i doubt we will see this go to the ground unless someone lands big and follows up for the finish. i think cerrone has a small height and reach advantage and is very technical but still diverse.. pettis relies more on his timing and creativity even though he is also technically sound in his standup game..

#23 ·
Putting in a small bet on Pettis for the KO. He's a quicker version of Cerrone which means he'll get off first.

I like Cerrone's swagger, but he should be careful with Pettis. Pettis, RMAC, Barboza, and Erick Silva are the rising young guns in the UFC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.