MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - BAMMA 11: Marshman vs. Foupa-Pokam

View Single Post

Old 11-30-2012, 03:56 PM   #16 (permalink)
slapstick
Bantamweight

slapstick is on another level nowslapstick is on another level nowslapstick is on another level nowslapstick is on another level nowslapstick is on another level nowslapstick is on another level nowslapstick is on another level nowslapstick is on another level nowslapstick is on another level nowslapstick is on another level nowslapstick is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantowrestler View Post
Those are all very good points and I agree kickboxing and MMA shouldn't be in a promotion with MMA in its title. Another thing I think they need to get rid of is the British champs. I see no point in having a lower rate title.
That is two different promotions, UCMMA has the kickboxing. BAMMA has the British champs. I understand why they put the British champs there, in order to build stars without putting them against the top of the division where they will be crushed but they put Marshman against Watson anyway, they may as well have just waited for Watson to go. But yeah it is pointless but it draws the casual fan I believe just saying it's a title fight.

I don't get the hating on this card though, for a British card it is stacked, BAMMA are the only promotion who put on quality fights top to toe, unlike the likes of UCMMA who sometimes put on like 1-7 fighters on the undercard, not hating UC but that's just the truth. Too many UK promotions not enough quality fighters.

Richie Downes, Spencer Hewitt, Anth Taylor, Max Nunes, Warren Kee are all potential champs.

Tom Breese is potential UFC material.

For £25 that is a bargain compared to shitty sub-par UFC cards and it is free on C5 at a normal-ish time.

http://issuu.com/love2fightmag/docs/...4_february2013
Issue 4 of UKMMA Magazine LOVE2FIGHT
Features Andy Ogle, Jack Mason, Mark Godbeer
No download necessary, view online!
slapstick is offline   Reply With Quote