Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

jon jones would pick jds apart

10K views 77 replies 36 participants last post by  Killz 
#1 ·
JDS is a great fighter and an awesome guy, but in my opinion he goes down to Jones as they stand now...

JDS isn't fast enough to pose as big of a threat to jones as most think. he has great hand speed. and excellent foot work. but he is entirely too one dimensional/ and flat out too slow to be able to land anything serious on jones. johnny could EASILY keep him at bay with his barrage of kicks, 84" eye pokes(jab). and coud easily back pedal his way out of any danger while picking jds apart. If two of the fastest lhw's in rashad and machida couldn't hit him with anything serious. while Jones was worried about takedowns/boxing/clinch/head kicks/leg kicks etc. how on earth would jds land anything serious when all jon would have to worry about is about is punches.

i'm not counting jds out 100% and it would be foolish to. i can definitely see him knocking jones' head completely off of his shoulders, countering a spinning elbow or something. but just in my head i see jones winning this fight 6-7 times out of 10. and i see jones being more conservative with his spinning stuff, significantly lowering the risk of taking a bomb.

agree/disagree?

#53 ·
First thing I thought about when I read the thread title was....no just no. JBJ by all means is a threat to anyone, and very few people would deny his potential and accomplishments, but JDS is the baddest man on the planet. There is no one atm that I would take against JDS, not JBJ or even Silva. Of course IMO Silva is p4p #1, but size and power advantage would be too much.

JDS would knock out JBJ without a doubt, at least this point in their careers. Like Psycho said, I don't think JDS has lost a single round since he's been in the UFC and has demolished every fighter he's been in their with. Who knows what happens in five years or so, JBJ will only get better, but now is not the time for this discussion because lets be real here.

#58 ·
Not sure why people are tripping on your thread, its a reasonable opinion.. Im not sure when posting an unpopular opinion became trolling either..

when JBJ becomes a true heavyweight and looks like overeem im sure he will pose a lot of problems for JDS

#66 ·
To be fair, I'm not ruling out a Jones victory, as anything can happen, maybe a lucky punch coz the fight will be standing for sure. But IMO JDS has so many advantages that....well Jones can bulk up like he said he would and it could be more even.

Do you all see this fight happening in the future? Coz I do...

#69 ·
lol JDS would laugh all the way to the bank with the KO of the night bonus in this fight.

#71 ·
It isnt the thread it's self that is Trollish, well, maybe a little, it's the manner in which he is flat out defending his opinion by posting an image in every reply and calling those who disagree 'haterz'.

You have to see how this kind of thread can be considered trolling by some. I think it's a little trollish myself, but im not exactly dishing out trolling infractions left and right as the OP hasnt done any worse than some of the regulars do.

Im actually really surprised this thread made it to 7 pages without needing to be locked.

#72 ·
I think his Name and Avy make him seem more of a troll then he really is. "The bad guy 13" and a typical douche "Look at me i smoke weed" avy that loser stoners would have as their facebook pic. (Im not saying that Stoners are losers but there are alot of losers that are stoners.)
You add that with some of his posts and he comes off as a troll.

But when i think about it some more it just seems like he might be kind of new to using Forums. People that dont use forums often tend to have a different way of carrying themselves.

Anyway sorry for taking a left turn there.

JDS would destroy Jones that we currently have. Maybe if i see Jones with 30-40 pounds more of muscle i would change my opinion. We forget how new Jones is to MMA and in 3-4 years i could certainly see him being a much bigger threat to JDS.

#74 ·
SideWays222;1653318[B said:
]I think his Name and Avy make him seem more of a troll then he really is. "The bad guy 13" and a typical douche "Look at me i smoke weed"[/B] avy that loser stoners would have as their facebook pic. (Im not saying that Stoners are losers but there are alot of losers that are stoners.)
You add that with some of his posts and he comes off as a troll.

But when i think about it some more it just seems like he might be kind of new to using Forums. People that dont use forums often tend to have a different way of carrying themselves.

Anyway sorry for taking a left turn there.

JDS would destroy Jones that we currently have. Maybe if i see Jones with 30-40 pounds more of muscle i would change my opinion. We forget how new Jones is to MMA and in 3-4 years i could certainly see him being a much bigger threat to JDS.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

#75 ·
Take my word for it... 222 wasnt my first choice or second. Its something i down right hate about this account. But im stuck with it so i deal. Im used to using the same username for EVERYTHING and then this account is different and it drives me nuts.

Now whats your excuse??? 13 have some kind of special meaning??? That might be okay then.

I am actually really curious why you chose the number 13.

and not 420

:smoke02:

#76 ·
Keep the discussion around the original topic or this thread is done. Don't like the thread, leave and don't look back. Also personal matters should go to PM.

At this point i see JDS KO'ing Jones. Who knows what's in store for Jones though. How's he going to adapt a new weight class? How much would he pack on and how would it affect him? But yeah, the LHW Jones get's put down imo.

#78 ·
I'd Imagine Jones will dip his toe into the HW division a few times over the coming years before he goes up permanently. PRetty much like Anderson did with the LHW division.

Expect Jones to continue defending his LHW belt whilst occasionally going up to HW to fight mid-low level guys.

It's gonna be a looooong time til Jones fights JDS, if ever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.