MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - BAMMA 11: Marshman vs. Foupa-Pokam

View Single Post

Old 12-01-2012, 10:29 AM   #18 (permalink)
ClydebankBlitz
Super Heavyweight

ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapstick View Post
That is two different promotions, UCMMA has the kickboxing. BAMMA has the British champs. I understand why they put the British champs there, in order to build stars without putting them against the top of the division where they will be crushed but they put Marshman against Watson anyway, they may as well have just waited for Watson to go. But yeah it is pointless but it draws the casual fan I believe just saying it's a title fight.

I don't get the hating on this card though, for a British card it is stacked, BAMMA are the only promotion who put on quality fights top to toe, unlike the likes of UCMMA who sometimes put on like 1-7 fighters on the undercard, not hating UC but that's just the truth. Too many UK promotions not enough quality fighters.

Richie Downes, Spencer Hewitt, Anth Taylor, Max Nunes, Warren Kee are all potential champs.

Tom Breese is potential UFC material.

For £25 that is a bargain compared to shitty sub-par UFC cards and it is free on C5 at a normal-ish time.
Yeah to me the British champs arent needed. They should keep everything clear cut like the UFC, because thats what the main appeal is. You have your champions at the weight classes, and no shit titles like in boxing confusing everything by floating around.

I think BAMMA does a good job of putting these cards on though. I've usually heard of the fighters, even though I have no scooby why, so they have a good job done in promoting. I hate that its on C5 cause thats in "Other Channels" here, which means I have to watch them live and cant record them like I'm doing with UCMMA (or Cage Warriors on Sky lol) later in the week.

MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner

VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote